2.Method of Evaluation
Starting from this year, we would like to focus on improving the usage of Legal English of our students in other words reading the jurisprudence of international courts and taking translation courses.
- In total there will be 21 week long lectures
- Academic studies will consist %60 of final note. In that portion, every seven week there will be an exam which has the %12 importance for each one. The resting part %24 will come from 3000 word long academic paper in English.
There will be seven lectures per week and in return we are expecting from students 7 hour long individual study. In addition, we will organize foreign language courses. First exam will be at early december, the second one will be at early february and third one will be at early may.
Regarding academic paper, respecting the timeline that will be determined at the beginning of the year, students will study on predetermined subjects under the supervision of academic board and mentorship of core team. Until the end of February, we are expecting from them to finish literature review and outline of paper. At the end of june, the study must be finished.
- %60 of final note will be granted from academic study and the other part, %40, will be granted accordingly the behaviours and working discipline of the student. We will anounce the relevant criteria for the %40 part at the beginning of the academic year. That criteria would include the attendance of class, acctive participation to lectures, respecting house rules and behaviours. In that regard, we attribute special responsiblity to house responsibles to make proper assesment. For the students who doesnt benefit from accomofation facilities, they will be evaluated merely from their conducts during the class.
- In Sum,
Exams: 12X3= %36
Academic Paper= %24
Note on Conducts=%40
- There will elective courses thate mentionned at below between 20:00-22:00 on Friday
- International Arbitration (A)
- International Humanitarian Law(A)/Law of Armed Conflict
- International Institutions Law(A)
- International Criminal Law(A-S)
- International Invenstment Law(S)
- International Refugee Law(S)
- European Union(S)
- As a support of foreign language, we will provide support for the aftermentionned languages
- Legal English
- Saturday is deemed for the core courses such as International Law and Human Rights Law.
- Sunday is determined as free day for the individual self-development of students.
FORMATION 2 PROGRAMME (2. YEAR)
The students who successfully completed formation 1 programme, will follow formation 2 programme. Now, it’s time to share their knowledge, after taking lectures on international law and then participating to summer school. In this respect;
- They participate to formation 1 programme class as an assistant instructor, and
- They publish an academic article about what they studied on
We match our students with members of the ICIL Academic Board for studying successfully on academic article. In this manner, they are pursued by professor when they follow their programme. In addition to all these, we offer an academic writing class to them for improving their academic writing skills.
After completing successful to be an assistant instructor and to publish an academic article, the students will graduate from the International Law Formation Programme of ICIL.